Printronix T2N Thermal Barcode Printer
Industrial Performance at an affordable price
Priced below more expensive thermal barcode printers, the T2N will impress you with its rugged, compact design, ease of use and outstanding value.
The T2N series delivers exceptional print quality, more standard features, and a simple design that will provide years of uninterrupted service. Together this combination adds up to a truly outstanding value that users everywhere will appreciate.
- Ethernet, Serial and USB connectivity for easy integration
- Real-time clock for date and time reporting
- Durable metal construction and reliable engineering for years of uninterrupted productivity
- Designed and built for industrial and commercial applications with a space-saving footprint
- Integrates easily using the Configuration Tool
- Includes the most popular emulations PGL, ZPL, and EGL
Easy to Use
- Easy side loading ribbon and media
- Large visible printer status indicator on top of the printer
- Easy to read two-LED button design
- Automatically switches emulations when printing
- Easy troubleshooting with a simple printer mechanism and color-coded cues
- Direct Thermal and Thermal Transfer
- Standard Serial, USB, and Ethernet
- Standard Real Time Clock
- Rugged Metal & Plastic construction
- Side-Loading supplies path for easy media and ribbon loading
- Large printer status indicator
- Quick and easy 2-Button LED design
- Print Speed: 6”/152mm per second
- Print Method: Direct and Thermal
- Resolution: 203 dpi / 8 dots per mm, 300 dpi / 12 dots per mm
- Max Print Width: 4.10” (104mm)
- Printer Memory: 32MB RAM / 8MB Flash
- Media Type: Labels and Tags
- Min/Max Media Width: 1” (25.4mm) / 4.6” (117mm)
- Media Length (Min/Max): 0.25” (6.35mm) / 99” (2,514mm)
- Media Thickness: 2.3 to 11.0 Mil
- Media Capacity: 8” (203mm) Roll on 3” (76mm) Core
- Media Sensing: Transmissive (Gap, Notch), Reflective (Black Mark)
- Media Handling Modes: Continuous, Tear-Off Strip, Peel-Off (Opt.), Cutter (Opt.)
- Ribbon Type: Wax, Wax-Resin, Special Resin
- Ribbon Width (Min/Max): 1.57” (40mm) / 4.33” (110mm)
- Max Ribbon Length: 450m
- Inner Core Diameter: 1.0” (25.4mm)
- Outer Core Diameter: 3.2” (81mm)
- Serial RS232: Standard
- USB 2.0: Standard
- Ethernet 10/100 Base T -Standard
- Dimensions: 11”W x 10” H x 17” D, (286mm x 259mm x 434mm)
- Printer Weight: 24 lbs (11 Kg)
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs (12.7Kg)
PROGRAMMING PRINTER LANGUAGES
- PGL – Printronix: Standard
- ZGL – Zebra: Standard
- EGL – Eltron Graphical Language: Standard
Australian Post, Aztec, BC412, Code 128 (A,B,C), Code 35, Code 39, Code 93, Codabar (NW7), Datamatrix, EAN13 (JAN), EAN-8 (JAN), FIM, 125, German I-2/5, IFT14, ITF14, Matrix (2 of 5), Maxicode, MSI, PDF-417, Planet, Plessey, PostBar, Postnet, ROYAL BAR, RSS14, Telepen, UCC/EAN 128, UPC A, UPC E, UPC E0, UPC E1, UPC SHIP, UPS 11 FONTS AND CHARACTER SET
- Fonts: Monotype Imaging (Agfa Monotype), Letter Gothic Bold, Courier Bold, CG Triumvirate Bold Condensed, OCR-A, OCR-B
- Character Set: Unicode with TrueType font support
- Voltage Range: 100 – 240V
GRAPHIC SUPPORT AND WINDOWS DRIVERS
- Graphic Support: PCX and TIFF file formats
- Windows Drivers: Microsoft Windows WinXP, Vista, Windows 7
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 104 F (5 to 40 C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 20 to 85% Non-Condensing
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 140 deg. F, -40 to 60 deg. C
- Storage Humidity Range: 10% to 90% Relative Humidity, non-condensing
- FCC, UL, cUL, CE, NOM, ICES, S-Mark, CCC MIC/RRL, GOST-R
- Andale Fonts – Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Premium Asian Fonts – Hanzi-2312, Hangul, Kanji
What sets the T2N apart from other thermal bar code printers?
The T2N Series features simple design, ease of use and outstanding value that’s priced below competitive printers. It is the first entry-level industrial thermal bar code printer to offer Ethernet NIC connectivity as a standard feature under $1,000 USD. Additionally it includes a real time clock, direct thermal and thermal transfer printing capability and the industry’s highest reliability and performance you have come to expect from Printronix. Workers in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, retail and healthcare will appreciate its simplified user interface and rugged compact design. The T2N is a “best value” because of its outstanding performance and variety of standard features not usually found in this price segment.
How does the T2N fit into Printronix’s family of thermal barcode printers?
Printronix thermal bar code printers are rugged industrial printers built to last in any type of supply-chain or distribution environment. Our thermal bar code printers enable easy and efficient bar code labeling of virtually any products or goods. With the introduction of the T2N, Printronix now offers a thermal bar code printer with simplified user interface, rugged compact design, and more standard features at a lower price. The T2N satisfies the most cost-conscious buyer while other models in our portfolio address the needs of midrange and high-performance applications.
What kinds of companies and applications would benefit from using the T2N?
Printronix created the T2N for distribution, logistics and manufacturing companies to adopt thermal bar code printing technology at the lowest cost available while offering the most robust features and rugged durability. The compact design of the T2N occupies a small footprint, also making it ideal for retail and healthcare environments. The T2N is a “best value” because of its outstanding performance and standard features not usually found in this price segment.
What is the print speed and resolution of the T2N?
The series includes 203 dpi and 300 dpi direct/transfer thermal models that both print at 6 ips (inches per second).
What size labels can I print with the T2N?
You can print labels with a width range between 1 to 4.6 inches (25.4 and 117 millimeters) and media length range between 0.25to 99 inches (6.35 to 2,514 millimeters) with the T2N.
What emulations are available with the T2N?
The T2N features PGL, ZGL and EGL emulations standard.
How do I connect the T2N?
Serial, USB and Ethernet connectivity comes standard. The T2N can be connected via Wi-Fi using a third-party external Wireless Print Server.
Does the T2N offer an RFID option?
The T2N does not offer an RFID option. However, you can upgrade to the Printronix SL4M, which comes standard with RFID Short-Pitch technology.
What is the maximum size of ribbon you can install on the T2N?
The maximum ribbon length you can install on the T2N is 1,476 feet (450 meters). It supports ribbon Ink Side-In with core diameter of 1 inch (25.4 millimeters) and maximum outer diameter of 3.2 inches (81 millimeters). It will also support ribbon Ink Side-Out, but minor service adjustment is required. For additional information on supplies and consumables, please refer to the Supplies & Consumables Guide.