Printronix ODV-1D Thermal Barcode Printer/Validator
Printronix’ exclusive ODV (Online Data Validation) technology reads each barcode as it is printed, strikes out rejected barcodes and reprints a new label.
Our exclusive Online Data Validation (ODV™) with barcode validation ensures 100% accurate barcodes 100% of the time.
Eliminate compliance fees and returned shipments due to unreadable barcodes . Easy to use, ODV reads each barcode as it is printed, strikes out rejected barcodes and reprints a new label. Available as an option on the T8000 and T6000 thermal printers. For more information visit the individual printer pages.
Eliminate chargebacks due to refused or delayed shipments
Analyzes each barcode immediately with minimal effect on throughput
Eliminate unscannable barcodes from entering into your supply chain distribution system
Reduce the labor costs and downtime associated with an unattended solution
Capture and display the raw data within each barcode, to provide further assurance that critical data, such as serialized barcodes, print correctly
Printronix ODV-1D BARCODES SUPPORTED
• Code 39
• Interleafed 2 of 5
• Code 93
• Code 128
• UPC/EAN plus add-ons
• PDF417 (Limited)
• Check linear start and stop bar only
Printronix ODV-1D LABEL REQUIREMENTS
• Quiet Zone: Minimum 10 times x-dimension
• Barcodes per line: UP to 4 codes on the same horizontal line
• Barcodes per form: Up to 99 codes per form
• Barcode orientation: Picket fence only
• Horizontal Spacing: Minimum of .5” between codes on the same horizontal line
• Barcode Height: Minimum barcode height is .13”
• TOF to TOF Minimum distance .5”
Printronix ODV-1D LINEAR BARCODE SPECIFICATIONS
• STANDARD ODV-OPTION
• Scan Width: 4” (200mm). X-Dimension (min.): 6.6 mil(0.17mm) Min. Code Height: 0.13” (3.3mm)
• Scan Width: 6.5” (165mm), X-Dimension (min.): 10 mil (0.25mm) Min. Code Height: 0.14” (3.6mm)
• Scan Width: 8.5” (216mm), X-Dimension (min.): 13mm(0.33mm) Min. Code Height: 0.20” (5.1mm)
• WIDE ODV OPTION
• Scan Width: 8.5” (216mm), X-Dimension (min.): 13 mil (0.33mm) Min. Code Height: 0.20” (5.1mm)
• *Scan width centered around middle part of print width.**Wide ODV available as a field option only.
Printronix ODV-1D PRINT RUN REPORT
• Number of forms printed
• Number of bad forms
• Bar width deviation of last barcode
• Number of codes printed
• Average bar with deviation
Printronix ODV-1D VALIDATION ERRORS ACTIONS
• Retry Form (default), Stop and Retry, Grade and Report, Rescan Form, Rescan and Retry, Rescan and Stop, Overstrike, Stop
Printronix ODV-1D VALIDATION ERROR NOTIFICATION MODES
• Printer Display
• Printer Audible Alarm
• Printer Status Light
• Remote Notification
Printronix ODV-1D TELEMENTARY REPORTS
• Telemetry Path: Network Port
• Data Contents (Selectable)
• Short Pass/Fail quality results
• Validation: Pass/Fail quality results + actual decoded data
• Full: Validation + all measure parameters
Printronix ODV-1D AGENCY CERTIFICATIONS
• Class 2 Laser Product
• EN60950-1:2006 + A11:2009
What advantages does the Printronix Auto ID solution offer when implementing a labeling system that will meet our compliance requirements?
Printronix Auto ID offers a unique solution as a closed loop printing output management tool enabling increased efficiency, reduced chargeback fines, and maximized uptime. Because the T8000 thermal printer is the most robust and easy to use printer in the industry, end users will have little to no difficulty with the equipment. Printronix Auto ID Online Data Validation (ODV) provides 100% bar code accuracy, assuring that a bad bar code will not be used and that the labels will scan when received at their destination point avoiding costly chargeback fines. PrintNet Enterprise allows remote management of the printers to enable instant updates of format and data changes. This software will collect the data from the printers to provide the backup material needed to support your 100% accuracy should a question arise from a label scan. Our professional services group has expertise in solving the compliance issues faced throughout the integrated supply chain. You’ll receive superior support and will benefit from their knowledge as they stand by you and your process implementation.
Besides satisfying compliance requirements and reducing chargebacks, what are the benefits from an in-house labeling solution?
Bar coding your products and shipments will provide accurate sales tracking, plus capture inventory data for sales and manufacturing forecasts to increase operational efficiency. The use of compliance labeling will help eliminate packing and shipping errors, thus reducing operating costs and improving profits. Additional monetary benefits besides the actual reduction of chargebacks include accelerating the flow of goods through the supply chain to the consumer, which provides increased inventory turns and faster invoice payment.
What initial steps should I consider when implementing a new labeling system to help meet compliance requirements?
The first element to a labeling system is determining the output desired and the type of labels needed, whether they are product labels, container labels, shipping labels or any other types. Based on your specific operational requirements, Printronix Auto ID will work with you to determine the correct path for bar code implementation.
What steps can I take to begin my in-house compliance labeling project?
The first step is to create an internal cross-functional team, consisting of members from purchasing, shipping, credit, information systems, marketing and sales. Second, make sure that you have a manufacturer ID number (if applicable) from the Uniform Code Council (937-435-3870 or www.uc-council.org) and that products have UPC codes or customer item identifiers attached to each one (if applicable). Next, obtain all specification and vendor guidebooks from your customers.